I am joined by colleagues from The Leadership Context, a boutique consulting firm that I have co-founded with several friends and Partners. Today, Carole Field, Greg Lourey, Allan Tillack and I take a deep dive into the reasons why leadership development programs fail. And they do fail, on a spectacular level!
We talk about the principles of:
- Swimming in the context to ensure we are addressing the right areas,
- Aligning the program to specific parts of the organisational strategy,
- Getting hyper-clear on a small number of objectives,
- Aiming for learning depth,
- Structuring groups to learn together which mitigates against losing the benefits when individuals leave the organisation,
- and myth busting mirrors!