Leaders who move companies to take on more senior roles face many hurdles that can prevent their success. These transitions have high failure rates, ranging from 25-50%. Dr Ty Wiggins of Russell Reynolds specialises in assisting organisations put into place transition support mechanisms that ensure their new recruits, particularly at the C suite level, transition successfully.
- Why leaders fail when transitioning to new levels of leadership,
- What organisations miss out on when onboarding new leaders,
- Why women use transition plans better than men,
- Mistaking your bias from previous functional expertise as an enabler of success,
- Why your previous employer’s tolerations of leaders gaps can derail future success,
and much more.
Don’t assume your new CEO will be successful. Insure it.
What I learned from talking with Dr. Ty Wiggins