Brian Hartzer has worked internationally with some of the most successful banks and financial institutions in the USA, UK, and Australia. In his previous role, he was CEO of Westpac bank. In this very open and transparent conversation, Brian shares:
- What is it like to finally take the role of CEO in week 1,
- How does a leader scale themselves across multiple geographies and hundreds of offices,
- How do you communicate to 30,000+ employees?
- What happens when a government regulator comes knocking on the door?
- Preparing for a Royal Commission- how do you do that?
- The notion of reputational trauma and how to overcome a tough situation as a leader,
- His next steps.
What I learned from podcast episodes with Brian Hartzer and Warwick Fairfax